Acadia Parish’s Barousse elected state president
On Thursday, April 16, Acadia Parish Clerk of Court Robert T. Barousse, was sworn in as the new president of the Clerk of Courts Association.
The official swearing-in was completed by District Court Judge John Trahan. Present for the ceremonies were family, friends, and staff.
As president of the Clerk’s Association, Barousse will have duties and responsibilities that involve decision-making and foresight that will keep the association and each Clerk’s office throughout the state in a position to grow and prosper, as well as continue to provide good public service to all constituents of Louisiana.
Some of Robby’s duties include:
• Presiding at all Association meetings;
• Appointing special committees;
• Presiding on all boards on behalf of the Association;
• Serving the Clerk’s Retirement and Relief Fund as per R.S. 11:1541;
• Presiding at all Executive Board meetings;
• Receiving invitations for the State Convention site and assigns committees; and
• Recommending legislation on behalf of the Clerk’s of Court for Louisiana.