Another teen arrested: City police arrest possible driver in shooting death of Plowden
The Abbeville Police Department made another arrest in connection with the shooting death of 34-year-old Kendrick Plowden.
Paul Rice, a 17-year -old from Abbeville, was arrested at the Abbeville police station on Thursday.
He was charged with obstruction of justice and accessory after the fact to second-degree murder.
Abbeville Police Chief Rick Coleman said Rice allegedly drove the get-away car after Plowden was shot earlier this month.
Arrested and charged with second degree murder for the shooting was 16-year-old Roland Bernard III.
Bernard is believed to have been the person who sprayed Plowden’s vehicle with bullets from a .45-caliber pistol.
One of those bullets is said to have hit Plowden in the back of the neck as he attempted to drive away.
The police detectives have been working on a tip that three people were spotted where Plowden was shot. However, Coleman said the three people may have included Rice, Bernard and Kendrick.
Bernard is thought to have been outside his vehicle when the shooting occurred.
Recently, a grand jury decided to try Bernard as an adult.
A conviction of second-degree murder would mean Bernard will face life imprisonment at hard labor without benefit of parole, probation, or suspension of sentence.
Bernard’s attorney, Burton Guidry, is trying to get the court to overturn the grand jury’s decision of trying Bernard as an adult.
Coleman said no others are expected to be arrested for the shooting. The last time an Abbeville juvenile was tried as an adult for murder was in the mid 1980s.