Chamber’s 10th Annual Gumbo Cookoff set for Oct. 26
CROWLEY - The Crowley Chamber of Commerce is gearing up for its 10th Annual Gumbo Cook-Off.
The Cook-Off is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 26, on the grounds of the Enterprise Center in downtown Crowley.
The Chamber would is inviting the public to attend and enjoy the delicious gumbo and live entertainment provided by Geno Delafose and French Rockin’ Boogie.
The event has steadily grown in popularity, with last year’s event being one of the most well-attended ever.
Last year, the group representing the Crowley Rotary Club took top honors in the Chicken and Sausage Division. Falcon Rice Mill took top honors in the Seafood Division.
The schedule is tentatively set as follows:
- 7:30 a.m.: Cooking starts
- 11:30 a.m.: Geno Delafose and French Rockin’ Boogie
- 11:30 a.m.: Gumbo is ready
- Noon: Judging of gumbo and best decorated booth
- 2:30 p.m.: Awards handed out
- 4 p.m.: Breakdown and cleanup