Courtyard dedication held at St. Leo Church

The Courtyard of Contemplation, located between the church and annex at St. Leo IV Church in Roberts Cove was dedicated on July 17.

The courtyard and its elements were donated in memory of parishioners: the Blessed Virgin Mary statue was given in memory of Father J. William Ohlenforst by the Ohlenforst-Berken families; wrought iron fence in memory of Ambrose Olinger; landscaping in memory of Peter and Veronica R. Thevis; plumbing, compliments of Wilbert and Theresa Tehvis; lighting in memory of H. Joseph Spaetgens; bronze plaque in memory of John and Gert Heinen, Debbie H. Higginbotham, Matthew P. Heinen and Alex Heinen; fountain in honor of Lawrence J. Habetz; restored baptistry gate, in honor of Camile and Fern R. Richard; walkways compliments of Gary’s Plumbing in honor of Pope Benedict XVI and in memory of Theodore and Dorothy Thevis; the eternal light in memory of Raymond Leonards, Sr. by Raymond Leonards, Jr.; and electrical labor and hardware in memory of Mary and Spaetgens and Canon Lejeune.

Project director was Marie Habetz, and architect was Joshua Hoffpauir. Contractor was Rick Broussard, with builder Victor Guillot, electrician Bubba Spaetgens and plumbers Gary and John Mire.

Other who labored on the courtyard were Charlie Habetz, Ken Lyon, Debra Lyon, Clark Hoffpauir, Hope Hoffpauir, Fara Boudreaux and Sandy Habetz.

Acadia Parish Today

Crowley Post-Signal
P.O. Box 1589, Crowley, LA 70527
Phone: 337-783-3450
Fax: 337-788-0949

Rayne-Acadian Tribune
P.O. Box 260, Rayne, LA 70578
Phone: 337-334-3186
Fax: 337-334-8474

Church Point News
315 N. Main St., Church Point, LA 70525
Phone: 337-684-5711
Fax: 337-684-5793

Follow Us