Delhi Charter School announces district science fair winners
Delhi Charter School has announced its list of winning students in the district science fair.
In the junior high division, winners were:
• Biochemistry: first place, Keith Crnkovic; and second place, Taylor McEacharn.
• Chemistry: honorable mention, Josh Gilmore.
• Computer: first place, Anna Dulaney; and second place, Mallory Parks.
• Environmental Science: first place, Shelby Bach.
• Math: honorable mention, Kelly Scurria.
• Medicine and Health: first place, Matthew Hendry.
• Physics: first place, Michael Greer; second place, Kurt Miller; third place, Mattie Henry; and honorable mention, John McKinley.
• Plant Science: first place, Allison Ogden.
• Team Projects: honorable mention, Macie Clark and Madison Britton.
In the high school division, winners were:
• Animal Science: second place, Logan Britton; and honorable mention, Jocelyn Whitley.
• Behavioral Science: first place, Sharon Spencer; third place, Hannah Philley; and honorable mention, Lisa Mooney.
• Biochemistry: honorable mention, LaDarian Clay.
• Chemistry: honorable mention, Hunter Pruitt.
• Computer: honorable mention, Micah Duchesne.
• Engineering: first place, Kyle Hammons.
• Environmental Science: honorable mention, Hunter Simms.
• Medicine and Health: third place, Brittany Freeman.
• Microbiology: first place, Brittany Harrell; second place, Indya Boothe; and third place, Rob Simmons
• Physics: honorable mention, Ben Gates.
• Plant Science: honorable mention, Stevie Bach.
• Team Projects: honorable mention, Justin Ogden and Samantha Tate.
Overall winners were Sharon Spencer with a first place in Behavioral Science and Brittany Harrell with a third place in Microbiology.
Two students reeived special awards. The Toxicologists of America awarded Hunter Simms with $100 and the AHEC winner was Brittany Freeman. She received a medallion and an IPod Shuffle for her work in genetics.