Entries being accepted for 24th Juried Art Competition
CROWLEY - The Crowley Art Association (CAA) has announced that it is still accepting entries for its 24th Annual Rice Capital Juried Art Competition, scheduled for July 1 - July 27.
Registration forms for the competition, which is open to all adult artists and school-aged children, are available at The Gallery, 222 N. Parkerson Ave. in Crowley, (337) 783-3747.
Work is to be submitted Monday, June 24, through Friday, June 28, at The Gallery. Artists who have not pre-registered may bring their registration forms with their work at the time of submission.
Rules of entry are as follows:
• All entries must be original work controlled by the artist only - no copies.
• Artists may submit unlimited numbers of entries in Adult categories.
• Artwork previously shown at the Rice Capital Juried Art Competition may not be submitted.
• All work must be properly framed, unless painted on museum canvas, and ready for hanging.
• No wet paint or unprepared work will be accepted.
• The CAA has the right to reject any work or artist. Once work is accepted, no price changes may be made unless authority is given by the show chair or co-chair.
• All entries must remain at The Gallery for the entire length of the show.
Fees are $15 per adult entry and $5 per student entry (with a maximum of five entries per student).
Adult categories include Landscapes/Seascapes, Portraits/Figures, Still Life/Floral, Animals/Wildlife, Experimental, Decorative Painting, Adult Student, Photography, Needlecraft and “All Other.”
Student divisions include High School, Middle School and Elementary School.
Cash awards and ribbons will be presented. The Adult Best of Show in Fine Arts and Other Media winner will receive $400. In each adult category, the first place winner will receive $75, the second place winner will receive $50, the third place winner will receive $25 and honorable mention will receive a ribbon.
The Student Best of Show winner will receive $200. In each student division (High School, Middle School and Elementary School), the first place winner will receive $30, the second place winner will receive $20, he third place winner will receive $10 and honorable mention will receive a ribbon.
Winner of the Viewers’ Choice Award will receive a $100 cash prize.
The awards reception will be held Saturday, July 27 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at The Gallery.
This year’s competition is sponsored by The Florence Mauboules Charitable Trust, The Moody Company Foundation, South Wind Nursing Home, Virginia Duson, Isabella de la Houssaye, Charlotte and Joseph Freeland, Patti and Lee Lawrence and Nancy and Bill Broadhurst.