Fire reported Wednesday morning

Lots of smoke poured from this structure located at 831 Railroad Ave., Wednesday morning as firefighters fought a blaze that appeared to be located in the attic. Three trucks and 12 firefighters responded to the fire at 8:30 a.m. The last truck returned to the Ville Platte Fire Department at 10:12 a.m. The origin of the fire was in the bathroom, where items were left too close to the electric heater. Fire Chief Ted Demoruelle reminds residents to be cautious when utilizing electrical heating units this winter. The structure, which is owned by Vashanski Thomas, was occupied by Sheri Randle. In this photo, you can see firefighters fighting the blaze on the top of the house and in front, as two other firefighters bring a child’s toy to safety.

Acadia Parish Today

Crowley Post-Signal
P.O. Box 1589, Crowley, LA 70527
Phone: 337-783-3450
Fax: 337-788-0949

Rayne-Acadian Tribune
P.O. Box 260, Rayne, LA 70578
Phone: 337-334-3186
Fax: 337-334-8474

Church Point News
315 N. Main St., Church Point, LA 70525
Phone: 337-684-5711
Fax: 337-684-5793

Follow Us