Gas line may have started fire at Shoot's

ERATH - Erath Fire Chief Wayne Mouton said that he is fairly certain how the fire started at Shoot’s Lounge in Erath Wednesday.

“Judging from burn patterns, the fire stemmed from a gas line to a stove that was not connected,” Mouton said. He added that the line was not hooked up to the stove, but still may have been connected to the gas line. Mouton said the bar owner’s family reported that he is recovering from minor burns and smoke inhalation, and he is expected to recover.

Erath Firefighter Mark Hebert, Mouton said, “is fine. He just got served breakfast in bed at the hospital,” Mouton added.

Mouton said he and the Vermilion Parish Fire Coordinator investigated the scene Wednesday, but he plans on going back to make sure the cause of the fire was the gas line.

The fire at Shoot’s Lounge started around 10 a.m. Wednesday and was contained at approximately 1 p.m. No one was seriously hurt during the fire.

Acadia Parish Today

Crowley Post-Signal
P.O. Box 1589, Crowley, LA 70527
Phone: 337-783-3450
Fax: 337-788-0949

Rayne-Acadian Tribune
P.O. Box 260, Rayne, LA 70578
Phone: 337-334-3186
Fax: 337-334-8474

Church Point News
315 N. Main St., Church Point, LA 70525
Phone: 337-684-5711
Fax: 337-684-5793

Follow Us