Library reading program to host Magic Shows
The Acadia Parish Library is proud to announce it will be adding some real magic to the Summer Reading Program this year. “The Magic of Rob Rue & Bobbi” will be featured in Rayne
and other locations throughout Acadia Parish.
The Magic duo has performed for the past 30 years at top corporate events, theaters and cruise ships nationwide. Rue says he plans to present a really fun show this summer that will appeal to both young people and their parents. Each performance will feature classic magic, comedy audience participation, as well as some new surprises.
Rue credits the library as being a great source of information when he was a youngster interested in magic.
“When I was growing up there were no magic shops nearby, so the library was the only place I could find books on the subject” Rue says. “I checked out every magic book the library had, and read them again and again. I really never thought that I would make my living with magic, but it’s been a job I’ve thoroughly enjoyed.”
You can see “The Magic of Rob Rue & Bobbi” on the following dates and locations:
• July 23 at 10:30 a.m. at the Rayne High Gym, 1016 North Polk St., Rayne;
• July 21 at 10:30 a.m. at the Church Point Elementary School Cafeteria, 415 Lougarre Street, Church Point;
• July 22 at 2 p.m.at the Iota Elementary School Cafeteria, 470 West Kennedy St (Hwy 98), Iota;
• July 27 at 1:00 p.m. at the Midland High School Gym, 735 S Crocker, Midland; and
• July 29 at 10:00 a.m. at the Crowley Adult Education Meeting Room, 2122 North Parkerson Ave, (Old WalMart Bldg) Crowley.