Rabbit Festival entertainment announced
The entertainment lineup for this year’s Rabbit Festival, set for March 14-15, has been announced, and its sure to make the 28th annual event a hit.
Friday night will see the following performers:
• Todd O’Neil – 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
• Geno Delafose – 8 p.m. - 10 p.m.
• Wayne Toups – 10 p.m. - midnight
The music will start earlier on Saturday and will include:
• Chris Miller and Bayou Roots – 9 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
• Aaron Istre and Under The Influence – 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
• Steve Riley – 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
• Kross Fyre – 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
• Richard LeBouef – 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
• Travis Matte – 8 p.m. - 10 p.m.
• Bag of Donuts – 10 p.m. - midnight
Saturday will also include a variety of other entertainment and events.
A rabbit cook-off will be held on Saturday morning, with registration beginning at 6:30 a.m. and judging at 11:30 a.m., giving people a chance to taste rabbit cooked many ways.
There will be a rabbit show at Iowa High School beginning at 8 a.m., and the parade will roll through town at 10 a.m.
And, as always, festival-goers can expect carnival rides, food booths and crafts.
The festival gates will open at 5 p.m. on Friday, and admission is $8 for adults and $1 for children ages six through 10. Children under six enter free.
The festival gates open at 10 a.m. on Saturday, and admission for adults is $10. Admission for children remains the same.
Weekend passes will be available for $15.
The Iowa Rabbit Festival was started in 1986 as a way to promote the only rabbit processing plant in the area. The festival is held the third weekend in March every year in the Lawrence Toups Jr. Memorial Park.
For more information visit http://www.iowarabbitfestival.org/.