Roberts Cove Germanfest Association sponsoring poster competition for 20th anniversary festival
The Roberts Cove Germanfest Association is sponsoring a poster contest to promote the 20th anniversary of the Germanfest, to be held this year on Oct. 4 and 5.
All entry forms are to be submitted by March 28. The poster entries are due by April 30, and must be in the form of final artwork, with an overall size of 18” x 24”.
Complete instructions are as follows:
1. Entry forms must be completed and turned in by March 28.
2. Only one (1) entry per artist is alllowed and entry must be original work.
3. The poster must have the words “20th Anniversary, Roberts Cove Germanfest, Roberts Cove, La., October 4th and 5th, 2014” incorporated in the design and must depict a German theme.
4. The winning poster artist will receive a $500 cash award.
5. The winning entry will become the property of the Roberts Cove Germanfest Association. It will be the official poster of the 2014 Germanfest.
6. Any media may be used but the poster must have an overall size of 18” x 24” with a 1” border on three (3) sides and a 2” border at the bottom. If silk screened it must be limited to 4 colors. Entry must be ready for printing when submitted.
7. Entries must be hand-delivered to Roberts Cove Germanfest Association, 7212 Roberts Cove Road, Rayne, by April 30. Please call the office (337-344-8354) to set up a delivery time.
8. Entries can be picked up at the Germanfest Office within 30 days after May 15.
If entries cannot be picked up by that time, postage for handling and mailing must be paid by the artist and arrangements made through the Roberts Cove Germanfest Association.
9. The Roberts Cove Germanfest Association is not responsible for any damages to entries; however reasonable care will be taken in handling them.
10. Identification must be affixed to the back of the poster and must include name, address, home phone, work phone and cell phone. The artist signature must be placed in the bottom right corner of the poster, not in the border.
11. Entries must be delivered flat, unframed and not under glass.