Submissions being accepted for Rice Capital Juried Art Competition
The Crowley Art Association (CAA) has issued a call for submissions for its Rice Capital Juried Art Competition, with this year marking the 25th anniversary of the annual event.
The exhibit will open July 1 and will hang at The Gallery through July 25.
Entries may be submitted at The Gallery, 222 N. Parkerson Ave. in Crowley, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, June 23, through Friday, June 27. No entries will be accepted after the 27th.
The competition is open to all adult artists and school-aged children.
• All entries, including those in the adult student category, must be original work controlled by the artist only.
• Artwork previously shown at the Rice Capital Juried Art Competition will not be accepted.
• All work must be properly framed, unless painted on museum canvas, and ready for hanging.
• No wet paint or unprepared work will be accepted.
• The CAA has the right to reject and work or artist. Once work has been accepted, no price changes may be made unless approved by the show chairman or co-chairman.
• All entries must remain at The Gallery for the entire length of the show.
• The show chairman will have the authority to decide any questions not specifically covered by contest rules and all decisions will be final.
There is no limit on entries in the Adult categories, which are as follows:
• Still Life/Floral
• Decorative Painting
• Adult Student
• All other
Student divisions include high school, middle school and elementary school.
Winners in each category will receive ribbons and cash awards as follows:
Best of Show in Fine Arts and Other Media - $400.
First place, all categories - $75
Second place, all categories - $50
Third place, all categories - $25
Honorable mention, all categories - ribbon only
Best of Show - $200
First place, all divisions - $30
Second place, all divisions - $20
Third place, all divisions - $10
Honorable mention - ribbon only
Admission fees are $15 per Adult entry (including Adult student) and $5 per Student entry. Students are limited to a maximum of five entries.
The CAA will host an awards reception at The Gallery on July 26 beginning at 6 p.m.
Work may be picked up at the end of the awards reception or during regular business hours the following Monday.
Although all precautions will be exercised in handling submissions, the CAA will not assume responsibility for damages or loss during the exhibit.
A 20 percent commission will be assessed on any work sold as a donation to the CAA.
A minimum of six pieces are required to establish a category for judging.
Sponsors for this year’s event include The Florence Mauboules Charitable Trust, Southwind Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, Isabella delaHoussaye, Joseph and Charlotte Freeland and a number of anonymous donors.
To obtain an entry form or for more information, visit The Gallery or call (337) 783-3747.