‘A New Resolution’ round up nets big results
Crowley Police, along with agencies from Acadia Parish and surrounding parishes, participated in a street level disruption operation named “A New Resolution”.
The three day operation ran by each individual agency in their jurisdiction, netted of 179 traffic citations, 251 arrests, two search warrants, four gun recoveries and one vehicle seized. In all, $96,894 in illegal drugs were recovered and $21,103 in property was seized.
During the operation, which ran from Jan. 15-17, Crowley Police Narcotics made 58 traffic stops, arrested 10 individuals and recovered assorted illegal narcotics. “This operation worked well for all agencies involved. We took to the streets and made a dent in illegal activity within our community” stated Chief KP Gibson.
Arrested during “A New Resolution” by Crowley Police were:
• Delphaine Miller, 17, Crowley, manufacturing of crack cocaine, possession of marijuana and possession of legend drugs.
• Myron Scott, 24, Crowley, traffic violation and possession of marijuana.
• Chad Venable, 29, Crowley, possession of Hydrocodone.
• Daniel Tezeno Jr., 23, Crowley, possession of marijuana.
• Anthony Cain, 60, Crowley, warrant: distribution of crack cocaine.
• Sven Rochon, 19, Crowley, warrant: distribution of crack cocaine.
• Lovekia Sonnier, 26, Crowley, warrant: distribution of cocaine.
• Travis Reed, 34, Crowley, traffic violations and resisting arrest.
• Darrel Harmon, 25, Crowley, possession of marijuana and obstruction of justice.
• Robert Mier III, 27, Crowley, traffic violations and possession of marijuana.
“I appreciate the hard work of all of our officers. They are dedicated to making Crowley as safe as possible,” stated Chief K.P. Gibson.