Iota book set to be released
A 50-year history of Iota under the title of “From Pointe-aux-Loups through Cartville to Iota: The First 50 Years” will be available for viewing and purchase by the author, Robert L. “Bob” LeJeune, beginning today, Feb. 27, through Mardi Gras.
The book has been in the making for the past two years and includes information and photographs covering most of the central area of Acadia Parish. All materials contributed toward making the book will be donated to the Iota Branch of the Acadia Parish Library.
LeJeune is a 1956 graduate of Iota High School. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Maryknoll College, studied four years at SLI (now University of Louisiana at Lafayette) and earned his master’s of education degree from Northwestern State University.
He is retired and living in San Antonio, Texas, but is still proud to be known as “Another Boy from Iota.”
LeJeune will be signing books on the following dates:
• Feb. 27: Conference Room, Acadia Parish Library in Crowley.
• Feb. 28: Iota Branch, Acadia Parish Library.
• March 1: Le-Pay-E-Bas campgrounds on the Iota-Eunice Highway.
• March 3: Snack Shak in Iota.
• March 4: Tee-Mamou-Iota Mardi Gras and Folk Life Festival in Iota.