The Rayville Police Department made the following arrests for the week of Oct. 27 through Nov. 2.
• Mario Migliacio, 28, of Elm St., Plaquemine; driving under suspension.
• Quentin Rucker, 21, 403 Dacron St., Rayville; unauthorized use of a moveable.
• James Fife, 40, 49 Berry Road, Rayville; driving under suspension, expired license plate and speeding 36/25.
• Charles Mays Jr., 34, 202-B McConnell Drive, Rayville; domestic abuse (battery).
• James Amber Sr., 54, 101 Hibbler St., Rayville; damage to property (less than $100).
• Maurice Mitchell, 27, 213 Church St., Rayville; switched license plate.
• Chandon Simms, 24, 701 Pine St., Rayville; simple trespassing.
• Three juveniles were arrested. Two were charged with battery and a third with carrying a firearm on school property.
• • •
A total of 10 traffic citations were issued by the Rayville Police Department this week. That number includes seven for speeding and three for no seatbelt.
• • •
Rayville Police Chief Willie Robinson advises he is proud of Rayville High School and Riverfield Academy. Both teams have played very hard this year.
Hard playing and dedication to the sport of football makes both schools institutions to be proud of.
Chief Robinson says Halloween was a huge success with no major incidents. Extra patrols were provided for the safety of the area’s children, therefore they were able to safely enjoy themselves.
Chief Robinson also adds he and his staff find comfort and enjoyment in working with the community to make sure that everything goes well.