Public Notice: Committee meeting and City Council Agenda
November 4, 2008 beginning at 5:15 p.m. at City Hall there will be a Ordinances & Insurance Committee Meeting, chaired by Councilman Wayne Landry to consider a proposed ordinance amending section 13-22 pertaining to the open container law.
This meeting will be open to the public, followed by a regular session of the Abbeville City Council starting at 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday's agenda includes:
1. To consider and possibly adopt a resolution authorizing the Mayor to sign the Act 19 grant documents for a grant in the amount of $30,000.00 to be used by the Fire and Police Departments.
2. To consider and possibly adopt the recommendations of the Hearing Officer regarding the hearings held on the 29th day of October 2008 concerning the following properties:
207 S. Myrtle – Lucille A. Boudreaux/Xochitle Valenzua(owner of vehicle) – vehicle;
821 Alphonse – Harry Boudreaux –vehicle;
604 Chevis – Juanessa Green/Harris Antoine(owner of vehicle) – vehicle;
303 S. East – John & Evelyn Soward – grass/trees;
307 S. East – Rose Robinson et als – grass trees;
701 S. St. Valerie – Jerry G. Plowden, Sr. – demolition.
3. To consider and possibly approve a Class A liquor license for Chin’s Corner Inn located at 817 S. St. Charles.
4. To consider and possibly adopt a resolution to authorize the Mayor to sign all documents relative to the request for financial assistance for the Airport Capital Improvement Plan – Liz Girouard.
5. Authorize purchase of equipment using grant funds – Chief Rick Coleman.
6. Authorization to surplus unit #364 in the Abbeville Police Department – Chief Rick Coleman.
Topics for discussion or review
Public Works Director
Both meetings are open to the public. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance, please contact Mayor Mark Piazza's office at 337-893-8550 describing the assistance that is necessary.