Rice Festival season begins
CROWLEY - This Saturday, Sept. 21, the 2012 International Rice Festival Queen Sarah Mouton and the honorees for this year’s festival will be recognized and honored at the 2013 Queen’s Ball and Honoree Social at the International Rice Festival Building.
The evening will begin with a cocktail social which starts at 6 p.m. The Grand March will follow at 7 p.m., followed by the Queen’s Ball, which begins at 8:30 p.m. and goes on until midnight.
The public is encouraged to attend. Tickets to the function will be $15. They can be purchased at the door or by calling the International Rice Festival office at 783-3067.
For Mouton and all visiting queens, the day will begin much earlier. The young ladies will take a tour of the LSU AgCenter Rice Experiment, Crowley’s City Hall and Falcon Rice Mill. They will then head to local attorney Kim Hayes’ office to prepare for the evenings festivities.
The honorees for the 2013 International Rice Festival are as follows:
• 2013 International Rice Festival Honorees - Michael and Wayne Hensgens.
• 2013 Farmer of the Year - Donald Berken.
• 2013 Jr. Farmer of the Year - Christopher Klumpp.
• 2013 International Rice Festival President Romona Credeur.
• 2013 Grand Marshal - District 42 Rep. Jack Montoucet.
• 2013 Children’s Grand Marshal - Delores Nutt.
Anyone seeking more information please contact either the International Rice Festival Office at 783-3067, or Suzy Webb at 501-1224.