Vermilion Parish starting to regain power, but not all

The Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness is allowing those residents who self-evacuated to return to the parish at this time. There is still no power, no water and no stores open. No commodities will be provided. If you return you must be self-sufficient.

No shelters are open in the parish. No shelter will be open.

To return, you must have a driver's license showing proof of residency in Vermilion Parish.

Emergency crews are continuing to work to establish utilities.

Solid Waste is not picking up household waste at this time so they can pick up debris in the area. If you need to get rid of this waste, take it to the solid waste facility off HWY 696 at Birch Road.

Acadia Parish Today

Crowley Post-Signal
P.O. Box 1589, Crowley, LA 70527
Phone: 337-783-3450
Fax: 337-788-0949

Rayne-Acadian Tribune
P.O. Box 260, Rayne, LA 70578
Phone: 337-334-3186
Fax: 337-334-8474

Church Point News
315 N. Main St., Church Point, LA 70525
Phone: 337-684-5711
Fax: 337-684-5793

Follow Us