Library’s Summer Movie Matinee series announced
Once again this year the Acadia Parish Library in Crowley will host a weekly Summer Movie Matinee series.
Movies will be shown on Thursdays beginning at 1:30 p.m.
The series will begin Thursday, June 13, and end Thursday, July 25, with no movie on Thursday, July 4, due to the holiday.
The lineup is as follows:
• June 13 - “Planet 51,” animated, 91 minutes, 2009. An alien civilization is invaded by Astronaut Chuck Baker, who believed that the planet was uninhabited. Wanted by the military, Baker must get back to his ship before it goes into orbit without him.
• June 20 - “Treasure Planet,” animated, 95 minutes (2002). Disney’s animated version of “Treasure Island” is set in outer space amidst alien worlds and other galactic wonders.
• June 27 - “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, 114 minutes, 1982. A troubled child summons the courage to help a friendly alien escape Earth and return to his home world.
• July 11 - “Space Buddies,” 84 minutes, 2009. Disney’s pups are back and take one small step for dog and one giant leap for dogkind.
• July 18 - “Space Chimps,” animated, 81 minutes, 2008. Three chimps are sent into space to explore the possibility of alien life when an unmanned space shuttle crash lands on an uncharted planet.
• July 25 - “Spaced Invaders,” animated, 100 minutes, 1990. Dimwitted Martians drop into a little Illinois town on the day that the local radio station happens to rebroadcast Orson Welles 1938 “War Of The Worlds.”