THE POST-SIGNAL / Desiray Seaux
Acadia General Hospital CEO Joseph Mitchell, discusses recent upgrades and the large scope of services provided at the hospital with members of the Rotary Club of Crowley earlier this week.
Hospital CEO talks upgrades
Acadia General Hospital Chief Executive Officer, Joseph Mitchell, spoke to the Crowley Rotary Club earlier this week, lauding the improvements and staff at the local healthcare facility.
Mitchell began his presentation talking about recent improvements to the hospital in the past few months.
Some of those include $2 million in upgrades to the Radiology Imaging.
Those upgrades include a new MRI machine of “NFL quality” which is being used 8-10 times per day, and a new Radiology Group (Regional Radiology).
Mitchell explained that the Radiology Group subspecialities include:
• Abdominal Imaging
• Breast Specialty
• Neuro Oncology
Evidence that the improvements in equipment and service are paying off is the fact that outpatient satisfaction is now in the 98 percentile, Mitchell pointed out.
Another recent addition to the Acadia General Hospital includes the telehealth program.
The types of telehealth services available include Telehospitalist, Telecardiology, Telepsychiatry, Telestroke and Telesitter.
Mitchell explained that telehealth is important to AGH because it provides around-the-clock access to subspecialities that are not normally found 24/7 in rural settings, a quick turn around, efficient use of resources and new smart phone capabilities.
Also, the CEO pointed out, the Cancer Center of Acadiana at Acadia General Hospital allows patients to be able to receive care close to home.
The scope of services at the hospital includes doctors with various specialties.
• In Family Medicine those include Dr. Stephen Cannon. Dr. Thomas Curtis, Dr. Mark Dawson (Family Medicine and Pediatrics), Dr. Danielle Duhon, Dr. Karrie Kilgore, Dr. Yamen Korab (Family Medicine and Pediatrics), Dr. Carl Richard, Dr. Claire Ronkartz, Dr. Paul Stringfellow and Dr. Nancy Walker.
• In Gynecology are Dr. B. Cason de la Houssaye, Jr., OB/GYN; Dr. Michael Melanson, OB/GYN; and Dr. Michelle Owens.
• In Urogynecology is Dr. John Gonzalez, OB/GYN and Urogynecology
• General Surgery lists Dr. Joshua Mammen, Dr. Bahman “Ben” Sabbaghain, Dr. Shirin Sabbaghian (General Surgery and Surgical Oncology) and Dr. Max Trahan.
• Hospitalists include Dr. Gabriel Agbanyim and Dr. Christopher Novak.
• Internal Medicine has Dr. Robert Aertker III, Dr. Dale LeLeux Jr. and Dr. Satinder Saini.
• Medical Oncology/Hematology includes Dr. Rebecca Roques-Davis.
• Nephrology includes Dr. Dwayne Bergeaux.
• Otolaryngology has Dr. Mark Petitijean and Dr. Kim Dakin.
• Opthalmology includes Dr. Robert Casanova, Dr. Thomas Casanova III and Dr. Patrick Keating.
• Orthopedic Surgery includes Dr. Otis Drew and Dr. Michael Holland.
• Pediatrics lists Dr. Lawanda Bellamy, Dr. Marin Dawson, Dr. Mark Dawson (Family Medicine and Pediatrics), Dr. Dan Elfert Jr., Dr. Mazen Korab and Dr. Yamen Korab (Family Medicine and Pediatrics).
• Urology includes Dr. Jason Bourque and Dr. Charles Bowie.
• Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine includes Dr. Ronald Menard, Dr. Richard McGregor and Dr. Gary Stevens.